About Asrock B550 PG Riptide Motherboard
|Manufacturer||ASRock, ASRock Incorporation 2F., No.37, Sec. 2, Jhongyang S. Rd., Beitou District, Taipei City 112, Taiwan (R.O.C.) e-mail: [email protected]|
|Series||B550 PG Riptide|
|Item Height||3.5 Inches|
|Item Width||13 Inches|
|Unique Features||ASRock USB 3.2 Gen2
– ASRock Front Panel USB 3.2 Gen2 Type-C Header (10 Gb/s)
– ASRock USB 3.2 Gen2 Type-A Port (10 Gb/s)
– ASRock USB 3.2 Gen2 Type-C Port (10 Gb/s)
ASRock Super Alloy
– XXL Aluminum Alloy Heatsink
– Premium 60A Power Choke
– 50A Dr.MOS
– Premium Memory Alloy Choke (Reduces 70% core loss compared to iron powder choke)
– Matte Black PCB
– High Density Glass Fabric PCB
– 2oz Copper PCB
Killer 2.5G LAN
ASRock Lightning Gaming Port
ASRock Steel Slot Gen4
ASRock Full Coverage M.2 Heatsink
ASRock Hyper M.2 (PCIe Gen4x4)
ASRock POST Status Checker (PSC)
ASRock Full Spike Protection (for all USB, Audio, LAN Ports)
ASRock Live Update & APP Shop
|Item model number||B550 PG Riptide|
|CPU Socket||- Supports AMD AM4 Socket Ryzen™ 3000, 3000 G-Series, 4000 G-Series, 5000 and 5000 G-Series Desktop Processors*
– Digi Power design
– 10 Power Phase design
|Hardware Monitor||- Fan Tachometer: CPU, CPU/Water Pump, Chassis/Water Pump Fans
– Quiet Fan (Auto adjust chassis fan speed by CPU temperature): CPU, CPU/Water Pump, Chassis/Water Pump Fans
– Fan Multi-Speed Control: CPU, CPU/Water Pump, Chassis/Water Pump Fans
– Voltage monitoring: +12V, +5V, +3.3V, CPU Vcore, CPU VDDCR_SOC, DRAM, CPU VDD 1.8V
|Slots||AMD Ryzen series CPUs (Vermeer and Matisse)
– 3 x PCI Express x16 Slots (PCIE1: Gen4x16 mode; PCIE3: Gen3 x4 mode; PCIE4: Gen3 x1 mode)*
AMD Ryzen series APUs (Cezanne and Renoir)
– 3 x PCI Express x16 Slots (PCIE1: Gen3x16 mode; PCIE3: Gen3 x4 mode; PCIE4: Gen3 x1 mode)*
AMD Ryzen series APUs (Picasso)
– 3 x PCI Express x16 Slots (PCIE1: Gen3x8 mode; PCIE3: Gen3 x4 mode; PCIE4: Gen3 x1 mode)*- 1 x PCI Express 3.0 x1 Slot
– Supports AMD Quad CrossFireX™ and CrossFireX™
– 15μ Gold Contact in VGA PCIe Slot (PCIE1)
– 1 x M.2 Socket (Key E), supports type 2230 WiFi/BT PCIe WiFi module
|Computer Memory Type||DDR4 SDRAM|
|Memory Clock Speed||2400 MHz|
Software and UEFI
– ASRock Motherboard Utility (Phantom Gaming Tuning)
– ASRock Killer LAN Software
– ASRock Polychrome SYNC*
– ASRock Full HD UEFI
– ASRock Instant Flash
|Audio||- 7.1 CH HD Audio (Realtek ALC897 Audio Codec)
– Supports Surge Protection
– Gold Audio Jacks
– Nahimic Audio
|LAN||- 2.5 Gigabit LAN 10/100/1000/2500 Mb/s
– 1 x Killer E3100G (PCIE x1 Gigabit LAN 10/100/1000/2500 Mb/s)
– Supports Killer LAN Software
– Supports Wake-On-LAN
– Supports Lightning/ESD Protection
– Supports Energy Efficient Ethernet 802.3az
– Supports PXE
|BIOS||- 256Mb AMI UEFI Legal BIOS with GUI support
– Supports “Plug and Play”
– ACPI 5.1 compliance wake up events
– Supports jumperfree
– SMBIOS 2.3 support
– CPU, VDDCR_SOC, DRAM, VPPM, +1.8V Voltage Multi-adjustment
|Graphics||- Integrated AMD Radeon™ Vega Series Graphics in Ryzen Series APU*
– DirectX 12, Pixel Shader 5.0
– Shared memory default 2GB. Max Shared memory supports up to 16GB.**
– Supports HDMI 2.1 with max. resolution up to 4K x 2K (4096×2160) @ 60Hz
– Supports Auto Lip Sync, Deep Color (12bpc), xvYCC and HBR (High Bit Rate Audio) with HDMI 2.1 Port (Compliant HDMI monitor is required)
– Supports HDR (High Dynamic Range) with HDMI 2.1
– Supports HDCP 2.3 with HDMI 2.1 Port***
– Supports 4K Ultra HD (UHD) playback with HDMI 2.1 Port
– Supports Microsoft® PlayReady
|- 6 x SATA3 6.0 Gb/s Connectors
– 1 x Hyper M.2 Socket (M2_1), supports M Key type 2242/2260/2280 M.2 PCI Express module up to Gen4x4 (64 Gb/s) (with Vermeer, Matisse) or Gen3x4 (32 Gb/s) (with Cezanne, Renoir and Picasso)*
– 1 x Ultra M.2 Socket (M2_2), supports M Key type 2260/2280/22110 M.2 SATA3 6.0 Gb/s module and M.2 PCI Express module up to Gen3 x4 (32 Gb/s)*
|RAID||– Supports RAID 0, RAID 1 and RAID 10 for SATA storage devices
– Supports RAID 0 and RAID 1 for M.2 NVMe storage devices
|– 1 x SPI TPM Header
– 1 x Power LED and Speaker Header
– 2 x RGB LED Headers*
– 2 x Addressable LED Headers**
– 1 x CPU Fan Connector (4-pin)***
– 1 x CPU/Water Pump Fan Connector (4-pin) (Smart Fan Speed Control)****
– 5 x Chassis/Water Pump Fan Connectors (4-pin) (Smart Fan Speed Control)*****
– 1 x 24 pin ATX Power Connector (Hi-Density Power Connector)
– 1 x 8 pin 12V Power Connector (Hi-Density Power Connector)
– 1 x 4 pin 12V Power Connector (Hi-Density Power Connector)
– 1 x Front Panel Audio Connector
– 1 x Thunderbolt™ AIC Connector (5-pin) (Supports ASRock Thunderbolt™ 4 AIC Card only)
– 3 x USB 2.0 Headers (Support 6 USB 2.0 ports) (Supports ESD Protection)
– 2 x USB 3.2 Gen1 Headers (Support 4 USB 3.2 Gen1 ports) (ASMedia ASM1074 hub) (Supports ESD Protection)
– 1 x Front Panel Type C USB 3.2 Gen2 Header (Supports ESD Protection)
|Rear Panel I/O||– 1 x Antenna Bracket
– 1 x PS/2 Mouse/Keyboard Port
– 1 x HDMI Port
– 1 x Optical SPDIF Out Port
– 1 x USB 3.2 Gen2 Type-A Port (10 Gb/s) (Supports ESD Protection)*
– 1 x USB 3.2 Gen2 Type-C Port (10 Gb/s) (Supports ESD Protection)*
– 6 x USB 3.2 Gen1 Ports (Supports ESD Protection)**
– 2 x USB 2.0 Ports (Supports ESD Protection)
– 1 x RJ-45 LAN Port with LED (ACT/LINK LED and SPEED LED)
– HD Audio Jacks: Rear Speaker / Central / Bass / Line in / Front Speaker / Microphone (Gold Audio Jacks)
About AsRock Riptide Motherboard
Riptide is named after a specific kind of water current with strong waves that occurs in the ocean, representing the philosophy of sea’s double-side, calm and unlimited strength.
The Asrock B550 PG Riptide Motherboard is built around powerful gaming-related features, the Asrock B550 PG Riptide Motherboard has given a powerful smash and immersed users in the sense of stability.
Dr.MOS in the AsRock Riptide Motherboard is the integrated power stage solution which is optimized for synchronous buck-set down voltage applications!
Compared to traditional discrete MOSFETs, it intelligently delivers higher current for each phase, thus providing improved thermal result and superior performance.
Compared to traditional chokes, ASRock’s premium 60A power chokes in the AsRock Riptide Motherboard effectively make the saturation current up to three times better, thus providing enhanced and improved Vcore voltage to the motherboard.
Featuring sturdy components and completely smooth power delivery to the CPU.
Plus, it offers unmatched overclocking capabilities and enhanced performance with the lowest temperature for advanced gamers as well.
The Killer E3100 2.5 Gbps Ethernet controller in the Asrock B550 PG Riptide Motherboard is designed specically for competitive gamers and performance-hungry users.
The enhanced detection and prioritization engine provides the ultimate networking experience for gaming and multimedia applications.
The Intel® Killer™ Prioritization Engine in this AsRock Riptide Motherboard detects and optimally prioritizes over 1,000 different games, apps, and websites to deliver amazing online experiences, ensuring you get your lowest in-game latencies by prioritizing your gaming traffic above everything else.
Conventional PC systems processor can only access a fraction of graphics memory and limits system performance.
With AMD Smart Access Memory in the AsRock Riptide Motherboard, the data channel gets expanded to harness the full potential of GPU memory, removes the bottleneck and increase performance.
The Asrock B550 PG Riptide Motherboard is capable of accomadating multiple M.2 storage devices, one of which can even support next generation PCI Express 4.0 M.2 SSD.
It is capable of performing twice the speed compared to previous 3rd generation, giving a lightning fast data transferring experience.
Aimed for die hard gamers and enthusiasts! Lightning Gaming Ports are sourced from two different controller interfaces that assist gamers in connecting the high speed mice/keyboard with the lower jitter and latency!
The reinforced steel slot in the AsRock Riptide Motherboard is capable of supporting PCI Express 4.0 standard. The various benefits include:
✔ Extra anchor points.
✔ Stronger latch.
✔ Ensure signal stability.
✔ Make sure heavy graphics cards to be well-installed.
Install your heavy graphics card on the holder; connect it to your Asrock B550 PG Riptide Motherboard and chassis with screws.
Flexibly slide up and down to perfectly adjust the height required for your graphics card in place.
Front USB 3.2 Gen2 Type-C header delivers up to 10 Gbps data transfer rate and next generation reversible USB design to the front panel of computer case.
The Asrock B550 PG Riptide Motherboard has a pair of onboard Type-A and Type-C USB 3.2 Gen2 ports built on the rear i/o for supporting next generation USB 3.2 Gen2 devices and to deliver up to 10 Gbps data transfer rates.
Besides the onboard LAN port, users may also choose 802.11ac wireless connections by M.2 (Key E) slot.
Thunderbolt 4 is no longer limited to certain chipset.
The Asrock B550 PG Riptide Motherboard skillfully implement the Thunderbolt 4 technology supporting Hot-Plug onto AMD motherboards. All you need is a Thunderbolt 4 AIC card!
Whether you are using headphones, a headset, external or internal speakers, via USB, Wi-Fi, analog output or even HDMI, Nahimic Audio offers you the most engaging listening experience, vibrant and rich with details.
The Sound Tracker in the Asrock B550 PG Riptide Motherboard is a visual indicator that points out the directions from which predominant sounds are coming.
Each sound is properly positioned in 360° on a radar for a full immersion during the game.
An easy troubleshooting tool in the AsRock Riptide Motherboard shows the CPU / DRAM / VGA / BOOT operation every time you start up the system.
Post Status Checker in the AsRock Riptide Motherboard is a fast and an easy way to identify the source of the problem.
Supports the most recent HDMI 4K 60Hz graphics output specification.
With the larger bandwidth and increased frame rate, the motion on your screen becomes more fluid and less blurry.
About AsRock Gaming Motherboard
With the Asrock B550 PG Riptide Motherboard you can also attain the Asrock B550 Steel legend Motherboard.
- Supports AMD AM4 Socket Ryzen 3000, 4000 G-Series and 5000 Series Desktop Processors* 14 Power Phase Design, Digi Power, Dr. MOS
- Supports DDR4 4733+ (OC) 1 PCIe 4.0 x16, 1 PCIe 3.0 x16, 2 PCIe 3.0 x1, 1 M.2 Key E for WiFi Graphics Output Options: HDMI, DisplayPort
- AMD CrossFireX 7.1 CH HD Audio (Realtek ALC1220 Audio Codec), Nahimic Audio 6 SATA3, 1 Hyper M.2 (PCIe Gen4 x4), 1 M.2 (PCIe Gen3 x2 & SATA3)
- 2 USB 3.2 Gen2 (Rear Type A+C), 5 USB 3.2 Gen1 (2 Front, 2 Rear, 1 Front Type-C)
- Dragon 2.5G LAN *Not compatible with AMD Ryzen 5 3400G and Ryzen 3 3200G.